Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Getting Back On Track

Now that the Big B “I’m Going No I’m Not” fiasco is over (see my comment on my last post for the update) we can get back on track and finish figuring out what we’re doing this year.

I’ve got some rough drafts up on our pages in the sidebar (Homeschool Plans, Big B’s plans, Sis’ plans, etc). It has been fun for me this year trying to figure out who needs what and how to get what they need. It’s given me a challenge and everytime I figure out a way to do it I get to feel that sense of accomplishment too. I know, get a life. Shoosh!

I have also been able to plan this school year again for next to nothing monetarily which was fun. I’m one of those sickos that finds things like that thrilling and enjoyable. lol. The fact that I’m not spending alot of money on homeschooling though means that when something important or really interesting comes up during the year I don’t have to feel bad about a little splurging. Take for instance, our Phantom of the Opera tickets that I bought for October. They were a great deal, my three kids LOVE Phantom, and no guilt because it’s a rare splurge. See how this works?

We still have to find an activity that each of the kids would like to be in (probably Weightlifting for Big B, Bellydancing for Sis, and Rhythm & Movement for Lil Man), buy our sketchbooks for Nature Study, and I might revise what subjects we do on which days but I’m not sure yet.

I also haven’t decided if we will start the new year on the last week of this month (just kind of a get in the groove week) or after Labor Day. Any thoughts?

0 comments: