Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Now What?

I was all ready to post our plans for the new school year. I have been working weeks to figure out just the right things to make these kids happy. I’ve spent more time than I would prefer on this computer researching and working on said plans.

Then this morning Big B informs me that he thinks he will go to public school after all. The reason? Same as before “I’m bored”. I’ll be honest, I wanted to scream at him and push him down like some kind of kindergartener who just had a boy bother her. Instead I glared at him and marched upstairs where I flopped down on the bed waking my poor husband who hasn’t been able to sleep worth a darn all week and held back the tears.

So now what? We gave him a deadline to make his decision by. The deadline is a few weeks past AND he had told us he was staying home. I don’t have the money to run out and buy school clothes, fill a supply list, pay for a locker (do they do that here too I wonder?), pay whatever other stupid fees they might have, and try to figure out when Vin can take him to get his Hep B shot (I can’t because I don’t agree with vaccinating on several levels anymore. My own kids that is not judging others.). This just sucks!

In that same timespan I have doctors’ appointments and tests, Lil Man has dental work, Vin is trying to start a few college courses, and I’ve got two other kids to take care of besides Big B and his stuff.

So do I tell Big B that he already made his decision and stick it out for the year or do I just give up and try to figure out how to do everything in less than a week? Please feel free to leave any advice in the comments section. I’d be more than happy to hear it.

0 comments: