I’m going to be posting pictures of some of the Artwork we do this year as just a way to share and show MonkeyBoy how proud I am of what he accomplishes.
Friday, August 25, 2006
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Now that the Big B “I’m Going No I’m Not” fiasco is over (see my comment on my last post for the update) we can get back on track and finish figuring out what we’re doing this year.
I’ve got some rough drafts up on our pages in the sidebar (Homeschool Plans, Big B’s plans, Sis’ plans, etc). It has been fun for me this year trying to figure out who needs what and how to get what they need. It’s given me a challenge and everytime I figure out a way to do it I get to feel that sense of accomplishment too. I know, get a life. Shoosh!
I have also been able to plan this school year again for next to nothing monetarily which was fun. I’m one of those sickos that finds things like that thrilling and enjoyable. lol. The fact that I’m not spending alot of money on homeschooling though means that when something important or really interesting comes up during the year I don’t have to feel bad about a little splurging. Take for instance, our Phantom of the Opera tickets that I bought for October. They were a great deal, my three kids LOVE Phantom, and no guilt because it’s a rare splurge. See how this works?
We still have to find an activity that each of the kids would like to be in (probably Weightlifting for Big B, Bellydancing for Sis, and Rhythm & Movement for Lil Man), buy our sketchbooks for Nature Study, and I might revise what subjects we do on which days but I’m not sure yet.
I also haven’t decided if we will start the new year on the last week of this month (just kind of a get in the groove week) or after Labor Day. Any thoughts?
Tuesday, August 8, 2006
I was all ready to post our plans for the new school year. I have been working weeks to figure out just the right things to make these kids happy. I’ve spent more time than I would prefer on this computer researching and working on said plans.
Then this morning Big B informs me that he thinks he will go to public school after all. The reason? Same as before “I’m bored”. I’ll be honest, I wanted to scream at him and push him down like some kind of kindergartener who just had a boy bother her. Instead I glared at him and marched upstairs where I flopped down on the bed waking my poor husband who hasn’t been able to sleep worth a darn all week and held back the tears.
So now what? We gave him a deadline to make his decision by. The deadline is a few weeks past AND he had told us he was staying home. I don’t have the money to run out and buy school clothes, fill a supply list, pay for a locker (do they do that here too I wonder?), pay whatever other stupid fees they might have, and try to figure out when Vin can take him to get his Hep B shot (I can’t because I don’t agree with vaccinating on several levels anymore. My own kids that is not judging others.). This just sucks!
In that same timespan I have doctors’ appointments and tests, Lil Man has dental work, Vin is trying to start a few college courses, and I’ve got two other kids to take care of besides Big B and his stuff.
So do I tell Big B that he already made his decision and stick it out for the year or do I just give up and try to figure out how to do everything in less than a week? Please feel free to leave any advice in the comments section. I’d be more than happy to hear it.