Monday, July 17, 2006

Updating On Big B

Sorry it has taken me so long to update on Big B’s decision. Things here have been pretty nuts lately. I am honestly very proud of my oldest son right now. In deciding whether or not to go back to public school he weighed all the pros and cons of his decision. He put alot of thought into it so he could come up with the best decision for HIM and not anyone else.

His end decision? He will be staying home this year! He decided that there definately isn’t much on the pros side for going back to public school. In fact, he could only come up with two reasons to go back.

So I will be starting my first full year of homeschooling a High Schooler, a Middle Schooler (if you considered “6th grade” as middle), and a Preschooler. Wow, I really am nuts!

As for plans for the year, I am going to try to be like alot of the others and post a kind of, sort of, roundabout outline of what we’re doing for the year. LOL I’m not the most organized person in the world but I will try to make sense of our plans in another post. Alot of it is borrowed from other people who had such wonderful ideas (folder games, homemade manipulatives, lapbooks, notebooks, tea time, etc). I honestly couldn’t have planned so much great stuff without all the wonderful ideas out there.

So that is it for now. I promise that it will only be a few days before I post our outline and I’m sorry it took so long to tell you Big B’s decision. I’ve been in a writing funk and haven’t been able to write much of anything.

Oh, last note- I’ve added a link category to the sites I write for/on if you ever want to check it out. I am very proud to announce that starting August 15th I will be writing a quarterly column for The Whole Mom.

0 comments: