Thursday, June 7, 2007

Definately Having Doubts

As we're finishing up our second year of homeschooling I can't help but wonder if there should even be a third year. I had a long post all typed up but deleted it because I just don't feel right talking about the horror that is our homeschooling experience.

It seems the only one I should even consider homeschooling is MonkeyBoy and even that is questionable.

Who knew that children could sit on their ass and do nothing, treat their mom like crap, think they know it all, and still believe they are somehow ahead of everyone else their age! Wow, what am I even doing here? This isn't worth me getting physically ill all the time. This isn't worth watching them enjoy me getting physically ill all the time from this crap.

I think they've finally won. I can't do this for another year. Maybe they really are better off being put back a grade (or two in Sis' case) in public school. :(

3 comments:

momof3feistykids said...

Hey, girl. I left a comment at your HSJ blog. (((Hugs)))

Karen E. said...

I'm so sorry it was such a tough year!

I've often heard that children may need a *lot* of time "deschooling" before a good and comfortable rhythm of homeschooling becomes a way of life. There can be a lot to shake off before new habits develop ....

Anyway, a hug and a prayer for you.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

All I can say is....

it's better than the public school system...
well... at least our system here in Las Vegas...
I think it's 47 or 49th in the nation...
and sooo many of the kids don't even speak English anymore...

You're doing the best thing!
You're my hero.